Chemistry Department Mission Statement:
The Chemistry Department at Sagesse High School strives to ensure a good and balanced chemistry preparation for students to enable them to become independent learners and critical thinkers who can observe, analyze and evaluate situations in a scientific and ecofriendly manner.
The Chemistry Department aims at providing students with opportunities to become:
- decision makers;
- good problem solvers;
- scientifically literate;
- skilled observers;
- critical thinkers; and
- independent learners.
Further aims of the program are to:
- Provide students with opportunities to understand chemical concepts through inquiry, experimental work, group work and research.
- Enable students to collaborate and communicate using chemical language during chemistry activities.
- Enable students to use technology to enhance their understanding of chemistry and chemistry principles.
- Prepare students for external examinations: SAT II, Lebanese Baccalaureate and IB Diploma.
- Make students aware of career opportunities in fields related to chemistry.
- Enable students to apply their knowledge of chemistry to current events.
- Enable students to understand the impact of chemistry on our daily lives, the environment and society.