Grade 6 Active Citizen Project
CIRCULAR UPPER ELEM No. 50/AY18-19
April 15, 2019
As part of the Active Citizen Project - ACP for this academic year, Grade 6 students will work on a project with the elderly. This project will enable both to spend time together, bridge the gap and see the world through personal experiences.
Students are asked to:
• choose an elderly person in their community (grandparent, great uncle, green grocer, barber, retired teacher, banker or engineer etc…)
• spend time with that person (go for a walk, play chess, invite him/her for lunch, go to the movies or to a mall, read to the elderly etc…)
• take photos or a video of the activity and record all data needed for reporting.
• prepare a Power Point Presentation, or a short video (about 2 min), a poster or a short report about the activity.
• present their projects during English periods during the month of May.
Students will invite the elderly for lunch/picnic. Date and place will be communicated in due time.
Deadline to submit the project is Friday May 10, 2019.
Juhaina Abu Khalil
Head of Upper Elementary Division