CONDUCT OF THE EXAMINATIONS
Notice to Students
- When instructed to enter the examination room, students must do so in a quiet and orderly manner.
- No form of refreshment may be taken into the examination room. (At the discretion of the proctor, drinking water is permitted.)
- Students may take to their desk/table only the following items:
- General stationery (for example, pens, pencils, an eraser, geometry instruments, a ruler and a calculator).
Note: Students are not allowed to use correcting fluid/pens. Mistakes must be neatly crossed out by the student.
If required by the proctor, any item brought into the examination room must be available for inspection. This includes electronic calculators.
- Students must make sure that their cell phones or other unauthorized electronic devices, such as eye watches, are kept in their bags on silent mode.
- Students are not allowed to borrow any stationery materials from any other student.
- Students must use blue or black ink for all written text. Pencil may be used only for graphs, diagrams or charts.
- Students must use only the rough paper and answer sheets/booklets provided by the school.
- Students must read all instructions very carefully. Make sure not to answer more questions than required─ if a student answers extra questions they will not be marked.
- Students must comply with the seating arrangement assigned and should remain seated until permission is given to leave the examination room.
- The instructions of the proctor must be obeyed. The proctor has the right to ask the supervisor to expel from the room any student whose behavior is interfering with the proper conduct of the examinations.
- Students should arrive on time for the examinations. No additional time will be allowed for the examination.
- In cases of emergency, at the discretion of the proctor, a student may be allowed to leave the examination room and return. The student will be supervised during a temporary absence from the examination room. During a temporary absence the student must not take any material out of the examination room, have access to material during the absence, or return with any material.
- During the examination a student must not communicate with any other student. Failure to observe this regulation may result in appropriate action by the proctor/supervisor.
- Students are not allowed to ask the subject teacher/HOD/proctor any questions. Students must answer the examination questions the way they understand them. In case of mistakes in the examination papers, HODs will decide on the appropriate measures.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the examination room during the first hour or during the last 15 minutes of any examination. If the duration of the examination is less than one hour, students will not be allowed to leave during the examination.
- If a student leaves the examination before the scheduled finishing time, the student will not be allowed to return.
- Once the examination has ended, the student must immediately stop writing and should not make any additions or amendments to his/her answers.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all relevant information (like name, class, date etc.) is written on the examination papers and answer sheets/booklets prior to departure from the examination room.
- Students must give all examination papers, answer sheets, multiple choice answer sheets and rough notes to the proctor at the end of the examination.
- Students must leave the examination room in a quiet and orderly manner.
Thank you for your cooperation.
IB & A.P. Coordinator