CIRCULAR HEALTH DPT. No 1/AY20-21
At the beginning of this school academic year, Sagesse High School Health Department wishes you a safe year. We would appreciate your cooperation to limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure a safe environment for the students, parents, faculty, and staff members.
According to the Sanitary Protocol of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education and Higher Education, you are kindly asked to abide by the following recommendations:
• Submit an updated medical report to the school nurse if your child has a chronic disease such as asthma, allergies, cardiac problems, epilepsy, immune deficiency….
• Inform the nurse if the Health condition of your child does not allow him/her to be present at school.
• Take your child’s temperature every morning before sending him/her to school.
• Do not send your child to school if his/her temperature is 37.8 C and above or if he/she shows any signs of illnesses (cough, difficulty breathing, runny nose, sore throat, fatigue, abdominal pain and diarrhea) and inform the concerned HD’s assistant.
• Send a medical report to the school nurse in case your child was absent for three days and more.
• Do not give your child an antipyretic medicine and send him/her to school.
• Provide your child with an appropriate facial mask and keep an extra one with him/her and remind him/her of the respiratory etiquette (sneezing, coughing). The mask is mandatory for students from Grade 1 to Grade 12. For preschoolers, a face shield is required; however, a face mask is optional.
• Send with your son/daughter a healthy breakfast/snack and a bottle of water.
• Keep with your child an individual alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 70% alcohol), big tissue paper pack, and wet wipes.
• Remind your child to follow the necessary precautions: wearing a mask, keeping a safe distance with others, hand washing, and not sharing their food and personal items with anyone.
• Clean and disinfect all your child’s personal items before and after school.
• Pick up your child as soon as possible when the school nurse contacts you. He/she will be sitting in a waiting room and his face mask will be replaced by a new surgical mask.
• Visitors/parents are not allowed in school buildings.
• It is not recommended that older people such as grandparents or those with serious medical conditions to pick up their children, since they are more at risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
• Make sure that your child is up to date on his/her vaccines.
• If your child is tested Positive for COVID-19, inform the school nurse by sending a copy of the PCR test and follow all the proper measures according to the recommendations of the Ministry of Health. He/she can resume school after sending the school nurse a Negative PCR test and the disappearance of all symptoms.
• Do not send your child for 14 days to school if he/she had contact with someone who tested positive or is suspected for COVID-19 and inform the concerned HD’s assistant.
• Students returning from abroad will need a Negative PCR test (The test should be done 3 days after his/her arrival).
The efforts of each member are highly appreciated for the safety of our students, parents, and staff.
SHS HEALTH DEPARTMENT