CIRCULAR GENERAL No 08/AY 19-20
After the shut down of all schools that was mandated by the Ministry of Education in order to slow the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in our community, the school closure might be extended to a quite long period of time. As a result, in order to fulfill our mission of educating your children and to best minimize disruption to our students’ learning and exam preparation, we have decided at Sagesse High School, to proceed with online teaching and learning, despite all the challenges, taking Skoolee as the main portal to use in order to share online resources, videos, assignments, and worksheets, etc. with our students, as well as Skype and Moodle for online classes.
For Preschool and Elementary Classes
- Class teachers (and subject teachers) will be uploading on a regular basis, educational videos, tutorials, YouTube links, PowerPoint Presentations, and other suitable online resources as well as assignments and worksheets, along with answer keys and detailed solutions, on the students’ account via Skoolee.
- For that, please make sure to have you and/or your child(ren) check the student agenda section on Skoolee every morning.
For Intermediate and Secondary Students:
- Subject teachers will be uploading on a regular basis, educational videos, tutorials, YouTube links, PowerPoint Presentations, and other suitable online resources as well as assignments and worksheets, along with answer keys and detailed solutions, on the students’ account via Skoolee, so make sure that your child(ren) are checking their Skoolee account (student agenda) every morning for new stuff.
- Students are to upload completed assigned work on their Skoolee account and submit it by the due date and time requested by the teacher. (Please see below for a clear description of the steps on how to upload completed assignments).
- Intermediate and Secondary teachers might also resort to provide online classes through Moodle. For that, students will be requested to provide their e-mail or Gmail address to their teachers, to be used when needed.
For Grade 9 L.P. and Secondary 3 Students:
In addition to the above, online lessons will be organized on Skype starting next week according to a set schedule which will be communicated to the students by the respective teachers. In order to make it successful, nine graders and seniors are requested to open/have a Skype account and share it with their teachers.
IBDP students will continue with the ongoing online learning schedule that has been already implemented.
How to upload assignments on Skoolee?
- Access Skoolee through the school’s website www.sagessehs.edu.lb
- Enter the student’s username and password.
- Go to Assignment to access all documents uploaded by teachers.
- Double click on the corresponding assignment to view its details and a new window will open.
- This window will allow the student to view (and download) the document under Assignment Document and upload the completed work under Upload Document.
- By uploading the properly titled document and saving it, it is automatically submitted it to the teacher.
- Uploading assignments on Skoolee can only be done through the student’s Skoolee account accessed from a web browser and not the mobile application.
- You can only view on Skoolee Mobile App the assignments and material assigned for the next 7 days. In order to retrieve older uploads, please log in from your web browser, go to Assignment, and check Overdue Date box.
- It is noteworthy that students can view and access all assignments and material using their Skoolee accounts on both the web browser and mobile application.
- For support and assistance, please contact the IT Department via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
As partners in the education of our students, we urge you to motivate, assist your children in these online based lessons, so they submit their assignments on time. Our teachers and heads of departments as well as heads of divisions are working hard to make the best out of these difficult circumstances, counting on your fruitful cooperation.