Medical Records Procedure
Procedural guidelines to gather the relevant medical information of students
Maintaining Students’ Medical Records and Health Information:
1) The school nurse should send the medical form to the parents to be completed by the family doctor and returned to the nurse within the set deadline.
2) The school nurse or designee uploads the medical information on Skoolee.
3) Throughout the academic year, the school nurse uploads any health updates provided by the parents.
4) At the beginning of a new academic year, the school nurse uploads any health updates provided by the parents.
Sharing of Students’ Medical Records and Health Information:
1) Teachers have access to the medical information of his/her students.
2) The nurse holds a meeting with the teachers of each class to provide further clarification of the medical information. If the need arises, teachers may request clarification from the nurse throughout the academic year.
3) Heads of Divisions have access to the medical information of all the students in their divisions.
4) Assistants and Supervisors have access to the medical records of all students.
N.B. Faculty and Staff members must respect the confidentiality of students’ records.
Responsibilities of Parents/Legal Guardians:
1) Parents are required to submit the completed medical form by the deadline set by the school.
2) Parents must provide the school nurse with regular updates on the medical information of their child.
The school will not be held responsible for any incomplete or unreported updated medical information. Parents or legal guardians are held liable in such situations.