STUDENT CELL PHONE USE POLICY
As of Wednesday, January 20, 2016, Sagesse High School will start implementing a new cell phone policy for students.
The policy is as follows:
- Students are not allowed to use their cell phones on school premises between 7:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. (3:30 p.m. for IB students when applicable). The school personnel are available to assist students, parents or guardians whenever they need to communicate.
- All teachers and staff members have the right and the duty to confiscate mobiles when used in violation of this policy. Refusal to relinquish the device is not an option.
If students do not abide by the policy and are caught with a cell phone during school schedule, then the following measures will be taken:
First infraction: The cell phone is confiscated for two school days.
Second infraction: The cell phone is confiscated for five school days and will be handed over to the parents/guardians of the student.
Third infraction: The cell phone is confiscated for the whole term and will be handed over to the parents/guardians of the student at the end of the term.
- The school assumes no liability for the theft, loss or damage of mobiles on its premises.
- If a student is caught using the cell phone, without permission, to record conversations or class discussions, access any applications, cheat, bully or video record or photograph students, faculty or staff, then the student will be suspended from school for several days.
- If a student posts recorded conversations or class discussions, videos, and photographs of faculty, staff or students, on any social network, which may defame the school or the concerned people, then severe measures will be taken which range from suspension from school to dismissal.
N.B. It is worth mentioning that the same measures will be taken if the misconduct happened while the student was riding the school bus.
Please note the following:
- Depending on the student’s infraction, the Head of Division may decide on the appropriate disciplinary measure, upon approval from the Rector, and hence override this policy if the need arises.
- The school reserves the right to hold a disciplinary council whenever it feels the need for it and override this policy if the need arises.